Is This Attorney Right For Me?
When to Know If It’s the Right Attorney
You may have already met attorneys you weren’t sure about. Or, you may be with an attorney currently, but are beginning to have doubts. So, here is a checklist to help you through the process:
Keep looking if the attorney:
- Doesn’t inspire confidence
- Is not attentive
- Appears disorganized
- Is not following your discussion…
- …or, if you can’t follow or understand
Time to find different representation if the attorney is all of the above, and:
- Doesn’t return phone calls
- Doesn’t keep you updated
- Has not set clear objectives
- Has not discussed settlement
- Or, if you are unsure about fees
Watch for my next post: Managing the cost of divorce.