loader image
Close this search box.

How to change your child support payment in AZ


How to change child support in az
How to change child support in az

How to change your child support payment in AZ
Sometimes circumstances arise that require you to change the amount of child support you are paying or receiving. Don’t worry! Many people do this. It is not out of the norm and you are not alone. As a basic rule, you can modify your child support when the child support obligation would change by more than 15% if using the current calculator inputs.
Some important things to note when calculating child support include:
1. Child Support is based on a calculator that considers the income of both parents
(including court ordered spousal maintenance), the amount of parenting time each parent receives, the cost to insure the children, any children the parents are responsible for in addition to the children between the parties, and any extraordinary expenses associated with the children.
2. It does not factor in the income from a new spouse or any third party.
3. It does not factor in your other expenses.
4. It does not factor in how well each parent supports their children or whether or not a parent is exercising parenting time. You must modify the parenting plan to adjust child support based on this change.
These are just some examples of how the courts typically treat the issues above. There are exceptions for things like, underemployment or trust income. If your situation is tricky, you will want to get more than information and seek the advice of a Phoenix Divorce Attorney.
If you want to change your child support order in Arizona, you should first contact a family law attorney. Under federal and state law, you have the right to change your child support order. The Department of Child Support Services (DCSS) is one place that can help you to do so. They provide different support services that you can take advantage of. They can review your proposed changes for any errors, issues, etc. They can also give you any information you may need and answer any questions you may have.
A DCS (division of child support) review looks at the factors above and  can result in an increase, decrease, or no change for your child support order. If you believe that you have a case that meets the criteria listed, you can go to Arizona Department of Economic Security’s website and fill out the required forms. If you need any help answering any of the questions on the form or any help filing out any portion of the form, you can call the DSCC or the Department of Economic Security. They would be more than happy to help you.
After you fill out all of the forms and looked over the forms, you can mail the forms to the address listed. You may also go to your local DCSS office to drop off your form. If the review that the DCSS conducts shows that you need to change your child support order, they will send your case to the Attorney General’s office. Then, your case will be taken to court. Also, if you need any help, have any questions, have any problems, etc., you can always call MODERN LAW at 480-649-2905.
Don’t be afraid to change your child support order if it is necessary. Don’t think that you are the only one doing it. If you need help, contact the DSCC. If you have any questions, contact the DSCC. The DSCC can help you with almost anything that has to do with changing your child support order. There may be many reasons for you to change your child support order. However, there should be no reason that you are hesitant or afraid to change your child support order if you meet the criteria and if it is necessary.

Recent Posts
Follow Us