Summer in Phoenix can be hot, but that doesn’t mean you have to stay cooped up indoors all season long. Here are some fun ways to get together with friends and family while beating the heat.
Lake Day at Lake Pleasant
- Head out to Lake Pleasant for a fun day in the sun. You can rent a boat, go fishing, or just relax on the beach. The lake is located about 45 minutes north of Phoenix and is a great spot to cool off during the summer months.
- Gather your friends and family for a fun, laid-back BBQ. Fire up the grill and serve up some delicious burgers, hot dogs, and other summertime favorites. Don’t forget the sides like potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans. Set up some lawn games like cornhole or horseshoes for even more fun.
- Take a dip in the pool to cool off and have some fun. Whether you have a pool at home or visit a local community pool, it’s a great way to spend a hot day. Bring some floats or pool toys to add to the fun.
Ice Cream Social
- Who doesn’t love ice cream? Host an ice cream social and invite your friends and family to join in. Set up a toppings bar with all your favorite toppings and let everyone create their own delicious sundae.
- When the heat is just too much, head indoors for some fun. Check out a movie at the theater, go bowling, or try an escape room. These activities can provide a welcome break from the heat while still having a great time with friends and family.
No matter how you choose to spend your summer days in Phoenix, make sure to stay cool and hydrated. And most importantly, have fun!